Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm supposed to be knitting.

Sarah is a bit behind. How's that for an introduction?

I would love to show everyone my current knitting project, but it is progressing slower than anticipated. Much slower. I keep thinking I'll get the hang of this pattern and be able to whip through rows, but it hasn't happened yet. The pattern calls for purling two stitches together and then knitting into the back of the stitch. Row after row after row of that. And I am contorting and yarn-pulling and cheating my way through every other stitch. Pretty, but seriously, if I don't get the feel for this soon, the pattern may just beat me.

It doesn't help that I can't actually do any knitting until my little dog goes to sleep.

Doesn't she look sweet and innocent? This is Madeline, needle thief and reigning champion of the tear-around-the-house-with-a-ball-of-yarn-in-your-mouth dash.

Once she is asleep, I can usually manage a row or two of knitting before I fall asleep. So, I am behind.

I may backtrack to some previously completed projects in my next few posts so it looks like I actually do stuff. With the addition of above, I have officially learned how to post photos to this site, so I'll try to make things a bit more craftily visual in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home