Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A little forward progress would be nice.

Seriously. I am not getting anywhere. This really ought to be a blog about not knitting.

Last night, I tore out the first inch or so of my basket weave afghan...

...again.

It seems that Sr. Ann Margaret was right and I really did need to learn my multiplication tables. For a knit 4, purl 4 pattern repeat, I needed to cast on stitches in a multiple of 8. I was never very good with multiplying eights. Took me four rows to figure out something wasn't right.

I started over - with the correct number of stitches - and got three rows done before I fell asleep. Maybe things will go a bit more smoothly tonight.

I don't have any progress to report on my other project either. I had company over the weekend, so all of my knitting had to get stashed away in a closet so that they would think I am one of those people whose house is always clean. (are there really any of those people out there or do they have a bunch of stuff stashed in their closets too?)

My little helper, Madeline, was feeling neglected during the pre-company housecleaning, so she was kind enough to help me sort my yarn.


Thanks, Mads.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Sorry you had to rip out what you did. I'm not so good at math either. I guess that makes me glad i didn't start to knit! LOL. My mother loves to knit!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home