Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Holiday crafting, part 5 - they're worth it

For the most part, my holiday crafting suggestions to date have been for quick and dirty projects you can knock out pretty quickly.

To recap, we've addressed coffee lovers, pirates (okay, that one was a bit of a joke), the masses, and puppies. We'll certainly have more quick and dirty suggestions as we go, but there are certainly people on your gift list worthy of a bit more effort.

Staring down the barrel of Thanksgiving and the official holiday season, there's probably time left for one - maybe two - more labor intensive projects. So choose your projects and recipients carefully. Think knitted hat not knitted sweater. Quilted tote not quilted bedspread. Mini-brag book not 12x12 scrapbook.

For my part, I thought my Grandma would be a good recipient and decided to make her a scarf. I'm using the Falling Water lace pattern that Bonnie Sennott was kind enough to post on her blog. I'm hoping that the red makes it Christmas-y and the laciness makes it appropriate for various seasons (at least that is what I am choosing to believe in light of Grandma's recent decision to spend the winter in Florida).


I'm not that far along, but I am confident I'll get it finished and blocked in time for Christmas. Hopefully without too much cursing or any all night knitting sessions, but if it comes to that, Grandma's worth it.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf is looking lovely! I have that pattern in my queue, but I won't get to it until after the holidays.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working up the same pattern as well - A gift for my SIL.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Your scarf is GORGEOUS! Your grandma will love it. If she doesn't then send it to me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home