Tuesday, May 23, 2006

First Post

Here it is...my first blog. After years of blog voyuerism I am jumping into the game. I am Sarah's sister Emily. My crafty passions involve parties or events. Mix an overly-sensitive Type-A personality with a need to please and you get ME! The only time I usually make single crafts is as a template for a group. I wouldn't make one card...I need to make 30, buy proper storage tubs for them and then catalog the inventory. Nuts I know! Perhaps a photo of my rubbermaid storage tote addiction can appear in another post.

So....I will try to keep you entertained with party ideas and crafty party projects. For others of you living Type-A...you know love is in the properly managed details!


A grapevine wreath is a great party canvas. Above it is decorated for an orange and hot pink 30th Birthday. But they have been decorated for showers and art parties and 4th of July. They go on sale for $1-$2 each...wrap with ribbon and stab in theme parts....paint brushes for an art party, faux shells & seaweed for an "under the sea" feel, flags and stars for patriotism, etc. Use minimal floral wire to keep from damaging the base wreath.

Budget doesn't mean boring! A tasteful and tasty doughnut display...the perfect dessert option for the police academy graduation. $2 a dozen after coupon...and so funny!

I'll track down some more photos. Party on crafters!

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Great ideas! That food looks yummy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home