Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Is this tacky?

To celebrate the launch of emblem, a craftastic new event planning company, I bought the owner a couple of rubber stamps with her new logo on them.

I realize it would have been more crafty to make the stamps myself, but for things like company logos, I thought it should be a more precise copy. There is this great shop in Royal Oak, MI called Able Rubber Stamp & Engraving (sorry there's no link - they don't seem to have a web site) that will make you a rubber stamp out of absolutely anything for super cheap. I am not a big stamper, but I could see how this could be addictive.

So back to my tacky inquiry, I bought her a shiny new rubber stamp for her business, but then I decided to test it out on a card to accompany her present. Is it wrong to use her present before she gets it? Even if it's for her? (in my defense, they weren't entirely shiny and new - the people at Able test the stamps on your receipt before you take them home)

Well, it's too late now, I've already gone and done it. This is the card I made:



Her logo is orange, but I only had a black ink pad, so I used orange paper. Personally, I really like orange with sky blue and chocolate brown. Are you impressed by my swell overlapping blue stripes? That was an impromptu decision to hide an ink smudge I got on the orange block. oops.

Secondary tacky inquiry: Is it wrong to boast of my ink-smudge camouflaging & card-making prowess on my blog before the post office actually delivers her present? Too late. Hopefully she won't read this.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger craftfetish said...

Holy Crap this is cool! Hurry up and mail this!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dang it!

I mailed it yesterday. Sure, the one time you check the blog.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Briana said...

That is really cool. I used to LIVE in Royal Oak, Michigan!! What a small world...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home