Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gotta get out of bed, get a hammer and a nail...

...hang cool new stuff on my wall.

First up, Glitter Mads.

Glitter Mads or Sparkle Maddie - I keep changing my mind about which I prefer - was a Christmas present from my friend Liz.

My Dad took this picture of Maddie, jumping up and demanding to be in the photo like the diva that she is:


Then Angela from glitterpaintings made it sparklier. I like sparkly.


If you like sparkly too, you should definitely check out her etsy shop. She has pictures and ornaments and buttons and good things for sale and she also does commissions. (We have established that I'm not the greatest photographer. You should see this in real life - so great)

In light of the wave of baby showers Em has been planning, I can't help but think this would be a really fun way to preserve ultrasound pictures for little princesses-to-be. My understanding is that those little printouts from the doctor can fade over time, but sparkly - sparkly is forever.



I also framed the theorem painting that my fantastic Cheap @$$ Secret Pal made for me. In the spirit of Cheap @$$ness, the frame was rescued from the garbage.

My aunt sent me this cute frame with a space for your puppy's picture on one side and a list of "beagle rules" on the other. Unfortunately, the wood part of the frame had come apart in the corners during shipping.

So I took out the poem and used it for a scrapbook layout in Maddie's puppy album. If you can't read the poem from the photo, the list of rules basically becomes increasingly lax until the dog rules the house. Which is more or less the agreement Maddie and I have come to.



I like the layout - I think Maddie looks particularly sassy in the picture as she jumps all over the furniture - but I may have been a little rash in my dismissal of the frame. (Or else I was just in a scrapbooking mood that day - who knows)
The finish on the frame still looked good, so I glued the pieces back together and recut the mat for the theorem painting. Conveniently, the mat is the same color as the blueberries. Personally, I think it looks pretty good hanging up over my stove.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Having a beagle makes you even cooler in my eyes!!! My one and only dog growing up was a beagle. My sister and I are wierd and made up a name for her and called her Kesa (key-sah).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home