Friday, December 22, 2006

Falling Water - and with 3 days to spare!

I finished the Falling Water scarf I was making for my Grandmother last night. I made it through 18 pattern repeats without incident, but managed to screw up the 19th round and needed to rip it our twice, otherwise I probably would have finished this Tuesday.

The pattern is from Bonnie Sennott, and I have to say it was a great project. With the possible exception of the 19th repeat, the pattern was detailed enough to hold my interest but still pretty quick to complete and easy to memorize. I think the stitch pattern is really pretty when it opens up (actually - it is kinda cool unblocked too)

Here it is on the blocking board, er, my couch:


I used one skein of KnitPicks Essential yarn in burgundy on US #5 needles. That got me 20 pattern repeats which blocked out to about 4.5 feet. I think if I did it again, I would like a slightly longer scarf, but this one didn't look too short when I tried it on. (I have another skein of the burgundy and I must say it looked pretty good on me, so trying this again is a distinct possibility)

All in all, a gift for Grandma for around $4. (You may think I cheaped out on the yarn, but the KnitPicks worked out to be super soft and showed the pattern well)

I hope Grandma likes it. (As usual when there is a camera around, Maddie wanted to be in the picture. Such a diva)


1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your's came out looking fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home