Wednesday, December 20, 2006

One of these things is not like the others...

Today's lesson in semantics: "knit even for a half inch"

Now I know that if you are knitting something that is ribbed or otherwise patterned, "knit even" means keep going in your ribbing or patterning. What if the last directions you get are "knit one, make one across" - does "knit even" mean keep on keepin' on with your increases or does it mean easy there tiger, that's wide enough, how about you make some nice stockinette stiches and call it a day?

Well, apparently the latter, but I blame the pattern writer. That's just confusing (as evidenced by the bootylicious cat toy on the right).


I figured it out in time for the second one - which was good since I nearly ran out of mouse colored yarn on the first. But do I rip it out and start over? Heck no. It's a cat toy. We're not looking for perfection. Plus, I'm banking on the kitty recipient being something of an @ss man.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I think the kitty will love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home