Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Relief, well, kinda...

Since the weather finally cooled off a bit this weekend (who would have thought I would start to consider 92 degrees cool?) I decided to venture outside with the little dog. Maddie was in serious need of a decent walk. As a result, not much craftiness to report from the weekend.

I did get two more layouts finished for her puppy scrapbook. Sorry about the photo quality - I'm still working on my "taking pictures of pictures" skills.

I am a new scrapbooker and currently only working on a book about my dog. As such, I am incredibly cheap about buying all of the fancy papers and embellishments and stuff. Some day, I'll have nieces and nephews to make scrapbooks for and will need to take out a second mortgage to cover my supplies, but until then I enjoy the challenge of scrapbooking with whatever I find lying around the house.

A couple of years ago, I was briefly obsessed with glass etching and bought some brush script stencils. I used those to make a hand cut title for this page of Maddie playing with her little friends.

The title and mattes were actually cut out of an envelope that went with a card I had messed up. The messed up card actually became the title and mattes for another page I made a while back. Since they are on facing pages, I thought the continuity of colors was nice. (The photos don't show this well, but the two pages match, I swear)

The other page I made this weekend was of Maddie and her cousin Georgia playing at the beach over the 4th of July weekend. They spent hours tearing up and down the sand and around a little row boat. Maddie barked her head off trying to get Georgia to slow down because her little legs couldn't keep up. Awesome, I love a tired dog.

As for the scrapbooking, I have seen a lot of cool layouts on scrapjazz incorporating circles. Due to the aforementioned cheapness, I don't have a circle cutter. But I do have some dinner plates and salad plates and even a coffee can. Voila! Circles. It would have been nice to have more size options, but I think it came out pretty cute for a "make-do" technique.

That's it for now. My Branching Out scarf is about 40% completed and my basket weave afghan is about 25% done. I have about three more partially completed scrapbook pages littered across my desk. It's too hot to bake, but I unwrap a mean popsicle. More craftiness soon.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Love your new page and how thrifty you are with finding supplies. Just make sure it's all acid-free or it will turn yellow and fade in the future! I've used circles on my pages too and traced plates because the circle cutters really aren't big enough (well they weren't until recently!). Great job!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home