Monday, July 10, 2006

Clearance Floor Tile?? Or Art

OOH Bad Flash. But you get the concept.

In the far back corner of every Home Depot is clearance floor tiles. They sell all sorts of sizes. Here is one I made, 12inx12in. I will hang it from our wall with a plate hanger and more of the ribbon.

I bought scrapbooking paper to match my living room, matte ModPodge, ribbon, charms and a photo. ModPodge down the paper, then the photo. I used GlueLines and GlueDots to affix the ribbon and charms. The charms appear to be jaunty...but they are GlueDotted to survive a hurricane.

I can't take credit for the project...I took a tile class at I Luv Scrapbooking in Clawson, MI...but now I have run wild with the idea.

A wedding photo for an anniversary gift? A new baby photo for a baby gift? My girl friend is decorating her nursery so I bought papers that coordinate with the bedding and solid paper to print out the baby's name on 6x6 tiles. Fancy shower gift for $1.00 in tile and $5.00 in paper. Most independent scrapbooking stores will let you use their die-cutting machine for free to make the letters a snap.

Perhaps coordinate papers with invitations and make custom candle scapes as table centerpieces? Or trivets? 3x3 tiles are the size of coasters.

C'mon try it. We all love the ModPodge even if we are too old to be decorating our notebooks any more.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Because you have so many hurricanes in southeastern Michigan?

That came out really cute. I want one.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Briana said...

This is sooo cool! Clawson isn't that far from me. I'm in Milford! ;) What a neat idea!! I need to learn how to use mod podge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home