Monday, February 19, 2007

Can you handle the deliciousness?

mmmm....mini key lime goodness.

I'm a big fan of key lime pie - particularly this time of year when it reminds me of warmer places. Beyond that, any recipe that involves 3 ingredients is all right in my book.

Basically, if key limes are in the stores, I'm putting key lime pie on the dessert menu.


In the past, I've use mini phyllo shells that you can get from the freezer section at the grocery. They only hold about a tsp each, so you can have dessert for a large party using only about one pie's worth of filling. You'll have to buy about 6 boxes of mini phyllo shells, so it isn't necessarily more economical, just bite sized and little and cute. And bite sized is a good way to go when you only have 4 chairs so every party is a buffet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This weekend I went with individual graham cracker crusts. The graham crust tastes better than the mini phyllo - although it isn't quite as cute.

A bit of decoratively-piped whipped cream and a teeny slice of key lime could up the cute factor immensely. I'd show you a picture of that, but I prefer a touch more whipped cream.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'd have used more, but the can was empty.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Penny said...

I love key lime pie....we actually had Key Lime pies instead of a cake at our wedding. Now I just need to learn how to make it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home