Friday, April 13, 2007

On further consideration...

I'm just not that thrilled with my bear, or more accurately my finishing skills. It doesn't look anything like the picture. (the one in the picture is so cute too!)

Look closer - I don't know how they did their edges, but it sure is different from how I did mine. (I tried 3 different strategies - and not a one looks like the picture)

Anyway, I didn't feel good about giving this as a baby gift. So, it looks like I am back to the drawing board for the boatload of babies coming this summer.

On the bright side, I did find another willing recipient for my bear. She seems quite pleased with it and didn't mind the wonky seams one bit.

Another checkmark on the "Madeline is spoiled rotten" list.

Labels: ,


At 3:55 PM, Blogger Beverly... said...

If I had to guess, I would say that they used a combination of mattress stitch (on the vertical parts) and grafting (on the horizontal and curved parts), much like you would do when seaming and attaching sleeves to a sweater.

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Tricia said...

I am terrible with seaming and came across this post
where the girl tells how to join seams for stuffed animals using a hidden stitch. A few weeks ago I decided to knit a cube for a friend's grandson and most of the squares were made by just going from one color to the next, but the edges had to be joined. I tried this method on my knitting and it worked for me...might try this and see if it works for you also. ~Tricia

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you for the suggestions! I love little knitted toys, so this probably won't be my last attempt.


Post a Comment

<< Home