Monday, April 02, 2007

Defeated

Nearly a year ago, my first post on this blog was whining about knitting. Specifically, knitting this baby blanket:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Yeah, that's as far as I ever made it. About 4 inches.

I quit. P2Tog, KBL you have defeated me. I think that is the abbreviation anyway - it was purling two stitches together and then knitting into the back loops of the same two stitches, but it has been so long since I've actually made any progress on this thing I can't honestly remember.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I really liked the way the stitch worked up. It had a nice texture and some interest to it but not such giant lacy holes that little baby fingers would get stuck or pull it out. I think this would have been a cool blanket. Unfortunately it was zero fun to knit. So I quit.

Pulled the needles out and started using the yarn on a new project. It feels quite liberating really.

This is where the new project currently stands:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Yikes. That's gonna be a lot of seams and finishing.

If you can't tell from that pile of chaos, this is the cashmere teddy bear pattern from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies - only not so much in cashmere. (Doesn't it look like a bear?) The knitting part went very quickly - we'll see how long the finishing takes me.

I figure if I am done in under a year, I'll still come out ahead of the yarn's previous incarnation as a baby blanket.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blanket is gorgeous!
Pity the stitch is so horrible to knit.

I am, however, a sucker for punishment. Where is the pattern from?
(Hopefully it is free.)
I am trying to de-stash and need patterns/inspiration to help me.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home