Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh right, knitting!

I remember when I used to do that. After an alarming amount of procrastinating, I have finally finished the pink scarf I started over the holidays.

Perfect timing seeing as it is about 70 degrees here today, so you want to be sure and bundle up with a nice warm scarf...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here it is stretched out to re-block after I crumpled it up for 2 months until I finished the fringe. The scarf itself actually knit up very quickly. I used Karen Baumer's pattern for the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf on US #10.5 needles. I don't think that this was the best yarn to show off the pattern, but it was a great pattern to show off this yarn, which wanted a nice loose knit. Learning short rows was an added bonus and kept me more entertained than just a loose garter stitch or something. In real life, you can see the triangles and the direction change a bit better than my photography would indicate.

The big needles made this the skein that would never end. After blocking, the scarf measures 5 inches by 7 feet - which is why it didn't all make it in the photo.

I actually finished the knitting part back in January. But my decision to use a beaded fringe stretched this out into a multi-month project. Threading the little suckers on there was a colossal pain, but I'm quite pleased with the end result.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I've been on a scrapbooking kick lately, but now that there isn't a pile of pink beads and yarn taunting me from the dining room table anymore, I think it's time to play with yarn again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home