Tuesday, June 06, 2006

So their little toes don't get cold...

It seems that everyone I know has just had a baby, or is about to have a baby, or wants a baby. While I would love to make something wonderful and homemade for each and everyone of the new little ones, there is a limit to my time and yarn budget.

I found this sweet little pattern for booties in I Can't Believe I'm Knitting!

Personally, I find the exclamation point in the title embarrassing, but they have excellent diagrams and instructions and quite a few nice beginner patterns.



So this was my first try at booties. My friend Erica is expecting a girl, so this pair will probably go to her. I picked an acrylic blend fingering weight for the yarn so they can be tossed in the washing machine - I love easy care items. I inadvertently added two rows to the cuff of the first one, but was pretty impressed with myself that I could match the mistake on the second one. (It's not a mistake - just a variation in pattern - yeah, that's it)

I used less than a half skein of yarn for the pair of them and they are easy to knit up in a weekend, so I'll probably be making more of these.

You may remember that I am supposed to be working on a basket weave afghan for Victory Junction. It's still there, but I'm only about 10% of the way done so it isn't too photogenic at this point. More updates soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home