Friday, June 09, 2006

What's the story morning glory?

When my neighbor Beverly offered me some of the morning glory she had started from seeds, I should have politely declined. Who are we kidding? My thumbs are most definitely not green (more of a fleshy pink, if you were wondering). This is why I don't have a yard - less wildlife to kill with just a balcony.

But she offered and I thought I'd take a chance. Things were going okay at first. I re-potted the seedlings so they would have some room to grow. (grow morning glory, grow!)


Then I set the pot on my little table where I thought they would get the most sun until they were big enough to start wrapping around the balcony. Turns out, because our gutters need to be cleaned out, there was something of a waterfall right on top of my plant. Seriously, what are the odds that the one spot on our whole roofline that would jam would be right over my balcony?
One heavy rainstorm later, about a quarter of my potting soil was washed away and both plants were completely uprooted. I covered their little roots back up but things aren't looking good for the little guys. I'm pretty sure one is definitely a goner.



And now...what the heck is this?



Scary little red spider guys all over my one surviving morning glory. They better not eat it. Hopefully the rain will keep my plant adequately watered because I'm a bit scared to go on my balcony until the little red spider guys are gone.

In other news, June 10th is apparently World Wide Knitting in Public Day (seriously - you can look it up). I'm planning to go to the Louisville Irish Fest. Should be a perfect place to practice some cables on a lovely Irish wool. But who are we kidding, I'll probably just go and drink beer. Have a great weekend guys!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger craftfetish said...

Mix water & Dish soap in a spray bottle. Spray the morning glory. It should scare off the spiders.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Your poor morning glory!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home