Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Little toes, revisited

I was going to title this post "deja vu" but I tend to associate that expression with a chain of strip clubs (do they have the Vu outside of Michigan?) and I worry about what sorts of google searches will lead people to this blog.

Anyways, after posting about freezer paper stencils a while ago, I made some more last week. I am no more original in my knitting it seems. I made a pair of booties a while back so that Baby Avery's feet wouldn't get cold.

I finished another pair over the weekend to keep Baby Laura's feet warm. Maddie ate the ball band but I am hoping that I can figure out what this yarn was with a repeat trip to my local yarn store. It was less than $6 for a skein that has already yielded 2 pairs of tiny shoes and it looks like there will be enough for one more pair (which is good because there are more babies coming). It is an acrylic yarn because I cannot imagine asking a new mother to hand wash anything, but it is super soft and very nice to work with.


The pattern is from I Can't Believe I'm Knitting! I can't believe they used that exclamation point in the title, but I have learned a lot from their charts and instructions.

On a slightly more original note, check out the cute card that Susan sent me for the C4 swap:


I sent her some cheesy cardstock and the dregs of a pack of brads and she made this cool paper pieced daffodil. Very cool.

4 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

They have Deja Vu in Kentucky.

Those booties are pretty cute!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger firefly said...

I think baby booties are my most favorite item in both knit and crochet. Yours are adorable ... scrumptious in fact!

The first pair of baby booties I ever made were for my daughter when I was pregnant with her. They were so adorable I stuffed them with a little tissue paper and stood them on my bedside table and just kept gazing at them, dreaming of the little one on the way who would fill them.

~firefly

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Oh please don't mention the Vu! Joe's friends took him to the one in Saginaw for his bachelor party when I specifically told him I did not want him to go. Really pissed me off because they paid for a lap dance. Now you have me curious - where in MI are you? I used to live in Midland! :) I live in Milford now. You can just email me - designsbybriana@gmail.com. I LOVE those booties. Boy are you ever talented and quick too!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Firefly's right. There's just something about baby booties. I almost had a biological clock moment when I finished these. Fortunately it passed quickly.

Em & I both grew up in the Detroit area, but I'm now a Michigan ex-pat living in Louisville, KY. Emily is in Berkley.

Sorry about the lap dance Briana :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home