Thursday, August 24, 2006

Recycled card idea

So, this totally pales in comparison to Emily's invitation making skills, but my friend Sean sent me a card the other day that I thought I'd mention.

A little back story... Sean is awesome. He is an amazing graphic artist and designed several of the items for sale at craftfetish. Very creative guy. Since he lives out of state, Emily had the excellent idea of sending him a gorilla-gram for his 30th birthday.

This is the thank-you note he sent.


He also enclosed a photo of him and the gorilla. The gorilla apparently brings a balloon bouquet to the humiliatee er, I mean, birthday boy. So the embellishment is from one of the gorilla's balloons. I will spare Sean the added humiliation of posting said photo on the internet, but it gives context to the card.

I would also like to point out the pretty patterned paper below the balloon. I'm nosy enough that I peeled it up a bit to see if I could figure out where he got it. Turns out, it's a Dutch Boy paint sample.

So gold star to Sean for scamming free craft supplies from the hardware store and making a really cute card out of recycled materials. I may rip off this idea for the C4 swap (note: only a week left to sign up).


I'll try to have some projects of my own to report on next week. I'm currently 25 pattern repeats into my Branching Out scarf. I'm trying to finish in time for my mom's birthday next month and am currently debating just how many pattern repeats I need before I think it is "done."

I'm link-happy today. And so, I'll leave you with this completely random link that made me giggle this morning.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Briana said...

LOL about the gorilla gram! Love the card using recycled materials!!!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The recycled materilas are a great idea for crafting. The car is great. Can't wait to see your branching out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home