Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Done!

Two days ago, my dog got a new bone and she hasn't been seen or heard from since. (Well, I suppose I can see her as she has been laying next to the couch, but I honestly haven't heard her - it's kind of awesome)

Combine a preoccupied dog with a couple of rainstorms and what do you get? A finished Branching Out scarf, that's what.

Voila! The triumphant cast off.

I tried to take a picture of the finished scarf on an armchair. Alas, Maddie has a Pavlovian response to the camera. She has been conditioned to think that enduring flashbulbs in her eyes means she gets cookies.


(It is my own fault due to the amount of bribery that went into taking this picture of her last Christmas)

Since she was kind enough to set aside her bone for a minute, who was I to deny her the opportunity to pose? It really is all about her, after all.

Okay, back to knitting... I am planning to block the scarf over the weekend. I am hoping that by Saturday my desire to see how long it will be when blocked will outweigh my general terror at the thought of dunking it in water. Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Sarah-

Lovely Branching Out! Thank you so much for your word of support regarding my sweater's treatment by the State Fair. It was so helpful to feel I had someone in my corner! I got the sweater moved, and it will be coming home on Wednesday! (Crossing my fingers and clearing my blocking board!)

-Lisa

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Branching Out is lovely but Maddie is the cutest! She deserves to be in every photo I think. My dogs don't like to pose with my FOs...I'll have to try bribery more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home