Friday, May 11, 2007

More baby knitting...

Baby gift production continues...only now with buttons and scary deadlines.

Buttons first:
I found these little black and white oval buttons the other day that were just begging to be ducky eyes. Apparently, I live near the world's largest button and fabric store. Despite their "world's largest" claims, the number of buttons with ducky eye potential was less than you might think. The staff wasn't particularly helpful when I went in, so I'm not going to post a link. (That'll show 'em)


Anyway...This hat still cracks me up. I need to buy some smaller DPNs before I start on the little matching duck feet, so they are on hold until I get my act together and go to the store.





Which brings us to scary deadlines...

I just got an invitation in the mail for a baby shower next weekend. I knew said baby was coming and fully intended to make something for the new arrival, but I didn't know there would be a baby shower. (It's not their first kid - I'll spare you my Emily Post rant)





So now instead of having about 6 weeks, I've got a week and a half to finish this up. I'm about 6 inches into the back of the ribbon-edged cardigan from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits. Think I'll get it done in time? Think I'll be able to seam it up well enough that I'm willing to give it to an actual baby? Think my dog will end up wearing a little blue cardigan? Stay tuned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home