Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Now with 20% more knitting

Okay, it has been a while, but I'm back now. No more letting work get in the way of my craftiness. That just won't do.

I finished my very first pair of socks. Yay! Socks!


There is a bit of a learning curve evident in them, but they are definitely socks. I was pleased that they are both the same size and that they fit on to adult sized feet. I'm calling it a win.
And now I see how so many knitters become obsessed with making socks. (I think there must also be a learning curve associated with taking a picture of socks on your own feet. Or else I really need to do something about my cankles)

To recap, these are Spiral Eyelet Socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Colortweed on size 2 DPNs. The yarn was originally a prize from the lovely knottygnome, it just took me almost a year to work up the courage to use it.



And, for some bonus knitting footage, check out the lovely Miss Aubrey modeling her duck hat and feet:

Bad timing that she grew into them during a record heat wave, but hopefully they will still fit in a few more months when hats are more seasonably appropriate. (oh how nice hat weather sounds about now) My baby garment growth trajectory extrapolation skills (or whatever) may still need some tweaking. But damn she looks cute (and boy will she be pissed when she grows up and finds these pictures).


heh. duck hat.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey....stop wearing my socks!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, the socks look really great. congrats on finishing them!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Sande Francis said...

the hat and socks are freaking adorable! Can you tell me where you found the pattern for these? Thanks! sandeleh@sbcglobal.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home