Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cool Knitting Lady

Hey bloggers & crafty chicas!

I was at a garage sale this weekend and met the coolest lady ever! She came up looking to buy yarn. I apologized...while we had a plethora of odd left-over wedding gifts for sale...no yarn. She told me she knits hats for the Detroit area homeless shelters. Her goal this year is 200 hats. She made 108 last year...slowed by a stroke. Amazing!

She needs yarn...any kind, any color. Do you have blue left from the "oops it's a girl" blanket? A little left from a finished project? Alot left after some sweater debacle meltdown? Pass it along!

No yarn? Think some kind thoughts for her to make 200!

Charlene Breakfield
18943 Vaugham
Detroit, MI 48219

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I probably have some yarn in my stash I could send her.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger quornflour said...

Just last night I was going through my yarn stash and pulling out yarn I was going to give to a friend of mine because I wasn't going to use it... good thing I didn't tell her yet. I will totally send it to her!

quornflour

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Briana said...

I live in MI and there are a lot of charities that do things like that. What a sweet lady!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Briana said...

I told my mom about her and we are going to write her a letter and see if she's interested in my mother's extra yarn. Do you live in Michigan? I'm in Milford!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger craftfetish said...

I do live in Michigan (Berkley)...I tried to leave a post on your (Briana's) blog about a great scrapbooking store in Clawson. I must have messed it up though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home