Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I heart the internet

Seriously, the internet rules. Lookit what I learned to make:






(I made the necklace display. I cannot take credit for the necklace - it was made by the lovely Ms. Vanda at paraphernalia. Isn't it so great though?)



Admittedly, you can purchase such things - and if you make a lot of jewelry, you probably should. But if you are more of the crafty generalist and just need the occasional snapshot for your etsy shop or blog, it's way easy to make your own.



In my case, my officemate was organizing a silent auction for an alumni fundraiser. She was looking for a way to showcase some of the donated jewelry so that it wasn't just laying on the table looking ordinary and not attracting any bids.



She didn't have time left to order a pre-made display, so I found down a DIY version on the internet. This would be really pretty if you covered your cardboard with imitation leather the way they did in the instructions. But if your fundraiser is tomorrow, you can also MacGuyver one of these together with some recycled office supplies (a legal size file folder and spare rubber band if you were wondering).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Cool! And that necklace? Pure genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home