Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blueberry season

(In case you were wondering why I keep posting recipes, it is because I am a really slow knitter. If I only talked about the various unfinished knitting projects at my house, you'd think I never finished anything. Which is actually pretty accurate)

This is a nice little cake that I like to make during blueberry season. Like a lot of my recipes, it is based on one from The Joy of Cooking. It is a reduced-fat cake and has fruit in it, so I feel totally justified eating the leftovers for breakfast the next day.



Blueberry Orange Yogurt Cake

5 T butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp Orange Liqueur (like Cointreau)
zest of one orange
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 - 6oz cups plain, fat free yogurt
1 pt blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your cake pans. I don't frost this cake, so I try to use a fancy shaped pan.

Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and liqueur. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients and yogurt to the batter. Fold in the blueberries and dump into your cake pan.

Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes, or until done. Dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar and serve. Yummy.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Wow! That looks so good my mouth is watering!!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Briana said...

Our grandma makes something very very similar each year for our birthday's. It's soooo yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home