Friday, June 23, 2006

Check out my mad Photoshop skillz

Okay, in reality, I know nothing about Photoshop, but...

A recent thread on scrapjazz introduced me to the wonderful world of Photoshop actions. Did you know that there are nice people who figure out all of the technical steps involved to make my pictures look better and then post them on the internet? There are.

I may have gotten a little carried away playing with pictures of my dog, but it was pretty fun...

The "Urban Acid" effect is pretty cool. What started out as an ordinary shot of Maddie sitting on my balcony now looks like she's a gritty urban dog living on the mean streets of Louisville. Doesn't she look tough?

This one is the Gothic Glow action. Somehow it makes this look like really soft fall light, rather than I just have dead leaves on my balcony in June.


Then I had a bunch of fun with Aly's Vintage actions. This is Madeline's friend Gracie. She was just back from the groomers and showing off her new bandana.


More vintage fun. This started out as a picture of Maddie refusing to look at the camera because I wasn't giving her cookies.

Now, it's a picture of her showing off her new purple collar.

Now, it's a picture of her looking thoughtfully into the future. Cheesy? Yes. Getting printed out as an 8x10 for Maddie's puppy scrapbook? You betcha.

The last action I was playing with was LensBlur. I think this could be excellent for Little League action photography. Check out Maddie's great form. I bet she gets an athletic scholarship some day.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Briana said...

I love those!! Thanks for including the link. I'm going to experiment!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Always Faith said...

ooh...love those. Nice work. I just learned about all that from the same link....I'm starting to play a bit myself. So much fun. Gotta luv SJ!
Faith (aka: KCzgirl1221)

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddie is a real cutie. Love the effects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home