Monday, June 19, 2006

Okay, so who wants to make me dinner?

As the daughter, sister-in-law, niece and friend of a fair few engineers, I couldn't help but find Cooking for Engineers to be a really amusing site.

Several recipes and articles made use of calipers. I particularly enjoyed the discussion on the relative merits of measuring brown sugar by mass vs. volume. As you may have gathered by my previous posts, I still need to be sold on the merits of measuring ingredients period.

If there are any engineers in your life, you can probably relate to this overanalytical method of doing everything. (The last time I was home, my Dad was testing the relative fluffiness of scrambled eggs made using a double boiler vs. a skillet)

That said, the recipe for cheesecake cupcakes looked really yummy. So if you know any engineers, do have them check out Cooking for Engineers. And then see if any of them wants to come over and make me dinner.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Briana said...

LOL that is funny. I love cooking but if I don't measure, it's usually not pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home