Wednesday, June 28, 2006

UPDATE! Cool Knitting Lady Update!!!

Thank you so SO much if you plan to mail the Cool Knitting Lady mail! I mailed her three lumps/ balls/ skeins of yarn. I sent her note that said I had posted her address on the blog and emailed my girlfriends. I also told her that I would pray for her to complete her goal of 200 hats for the homeless of Detroit.

On Friday I received a thank you note from her!!! I don't know how to scan a letter but here is her letter. It also had a mini-hand written note enclosed that I did scan for you below. She knits AND has super etiquette skills. I LOVE thank you notes! I also love her great prayers so I am sharing them with you.

From Ms. Charlene Breakfield:

"June 21, 2006
Dear Emily,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the wonderful gift. I don't know how I found my way to you, but I know that Father God had a hand in it. Your gift of yarn will be a blessing to so many people. My blessing for finding you, your blessing for being able to give this gift to me, and blessings to the person who will receive the hat I will make.
GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!!!
We still have a long way to go to achieve our goal of 200 hats, so I would appreciate if you would continue to keep me in your prayers.
Again I thank you,
Charlene Breakfield"



THREE BALLS OF YARN! All those prayers and gratefulness...for three lousy balls of yarn. I will be scouring the Michaels/ Joann's clearance racks all year!

In case you too need to feel like a hero for a ball of yarn:
Charlene Breakfield
18943 Vaugham
Detroit, MI 48219

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really neat. I may have to destash some yarn to this lady too.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Briana said...

I need to follow up with her. I'll send her a letter to see if my mom and I can drop some stuff off for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home