Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Crafty home repair

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! My little dog and I went up to Michigan to visit family. I had a lovely time, but not much in the way of craftiness to show for it. Perhaps Emily will post the delicious fondue recipe she made for Saturday evening (hint, hint). I think I ate for about 4 hours straight. So good.

The only bit of craftiness I do have to report is a little home repair. I noticed a small tear in my window screen last week when I was washing windows. (Who knows how long it had been there - I don't wash windows much, but it certainly explains how that bee got in the other day)

Getting ready for my trip, I didn't have the time or inclination to go to the hardware store and see about the appropriate way to repair screens. A little black thread from the sewing kit and voila! we're back in business.



I think this may be the window equivalent of filling nail holes with toothpaste. My needlepoint skills are not the best, but once the screen was back in place, I don't think it looks bad. My house isn't getting a spread in Better Homes & Gardens anytime soon, so I'm not going to sweat it.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Briana said...

What a great way to fix that!!! I'm so not talented in that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home