Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Behold - Sleeves!

After an impressive number of delays, excuses and mistakes, I finally finished my little blue sweater for Miss Erin. I only hope it will still fit her.




The pattern is the Ribbon Edged Cardigan from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits, although obviously, without the ribbon edging.



I made the 3-6 months size (at least I think I did -adjusting for gauge is scary) which took about 2/3 of a ball of Bernat Softee Baby yarn and some little heart-shaped buttons from la petite.



Although it took me forever to finish, the actual knitting went quite quickly on US size 3 & 4 needles.




All in all, I'm quite pleased with it (I'll be more pleased once I have confirmation that it will actually fit around the baby it was intended for). My seams aren't perfect, but they are a huge improvement over Maddie's bear. And this definitely counts as an actual sweater, unlike Miss Chloe's vest which I counted as a sweater despite the critical absence of sleeves.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger prairiegirl said...

Oh what a sweet little sweater! I love the heart shaped buttons too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home